Balancing Passion and Profit: How to Run a Successful Hypnosis Business

Balancing Passion and Profit is crucial as it fuels the fire in a business and enhances its chances of survival. While passion ignites motivation and creativity, profit ensures sustainability and growth. Striking a balance between the two is key to long-term success, driving both purpose and prosperity. Let's hear what Lee Mcking has to say about his Successful Hypnosis Business. 


1. Can you tell me what attracted you to hypnosis or hypnotherapy?


I got attracted to hypnosis when I realized how everything is connected to our minds, how our lives are interwoven through the patterns and beliefs which we learnt from our parents or through society, how they are all in the unconscious mind and repeat itself as we grow up. It is fascinating! At the same time, it also means that it is possible to resolve certain patterns and change negative programming to positive programming as well. Our minds are a powerful tool.


2. What inspired you to start your own business, and what challenges did you face in the early days?


I initially learnt hypnosis in order to resolve my own mental issues of PTSD, anxiety, depression and more. After helping a few people, I realized that I can employ a unique set of skills to help people resolve their issues. And because I have been through similar mental health issues and silently suffered, I wanted to help people who are silently suffering from mental health issues as well. 


One of the challenges I face was the public misconceptions surrounding hypnosis in Singapore! People think it is mind control, or it is a con job, or fake, made it quite a challenge to find clients to help. Having the perseverence to push through regardless of such negative misconceptions was not easy! Naturally, with each success story, and testimonial, it got easier. Although there are still some misconceptions in the public's view ha~


3. What are some of the biggest mistakes you've made in your business, and what did you learn from them?


Offering a free trial! That was a big mistake but thankfully I realized it soon and removed it. This is because my hypnosis is so effective that it can resolve their issues in 1 session. Hence after the free session, there is no reason to see me anymore! Although it was a mistake, I learnt that I am pioneer in effective hypnotherapy, and thus, I got no one here to learn from or depend upon. 


4. How have you managed to stay competitive in your industry, and what are some of the key factors that have contributed to your success?


Most of the other hypnotists in Singapore practice traditional style hypnosis while I am probably the only one offering modern style hypnosis. Thus they offer a package of 3-6 sessions to resolve 1 issue, while my hypnosis can help people resolve 90% in 1 session if and when they are ready to resolve their issues. The savings of time and money is what brands me, especially when the other hypnotists have been around for more than 10 or even 15 years! When clients resolve their issues, like even depression in 1 session, and they share with their friends, this allows them to spread hope. Hope that their issues can be resolved effectively. Besides the above, probably another key factor is my name! My dad named me after his idol, Steve McQueen, which is a pretty unique name that is easily recognizable!



5. How do you manage your time and prioritize tasks, and what tools or techniques have you found most effective for staying organized?


To be honest, I let my unconscious mind organize for me. I mean, I'm a hypnotist so of all things, I can tap on my unconscious potential right? So I allow and trust my unconscious mind to prepare things for me in the background, while I focus on the conscious stuff. So when I need to write my blog for example, most of the time my unconscious mind has prepared a topic and even what to write, and then I just type!


6. What advice would you give to someone who is just starting out in Hypnosis business, and what do you think are the most important qualities for success?


Be ok with rejection. Although this applicable to any business. 

Be knowledgeable about the mind and hypnosis. People might ask all sorts of interesting and funny questions. If you don't know it, go and read up.

Be sure of what you intend to do. This is because some people like the idea of being a hypnotist, but have no idea about some of the things they might encounter through their clients.


Going back to one of my earlier answers, it is really perseverence. Being able to endure the hardships, loneliness, independence, rejections, and misconceptions from the public, and even sometimes your family and friends. Once you are sure of what you intend to do, go for it and stick with it.


7. How do you balance the needs of your business with your personal life, and what strategies have you found most effective for achieving work-life balance?


I practice self-love in the sense that, when I need or want me-time, I will do it. For example, I will not allow clients to book me last minute on the spot because that is a disrespect of my time. Regardless of how badly they need to see me (unless they are suicidal), I will inform them they need to book me at least 3 days in advance. I will only allow if the client claims to be suicidal, of which I can close an eye and cater accordingly.


8. Looking ahead, what are your plans for the future of your business, and what new opportunities do you see on the horizon?


Honestly I am a simple person, if I can help my clients, that is good enough. Although some of my clients want to learn hypnosis from me, I am hesitant to train people in hypnosis because I am yet unsure of what their intents are. I have met a TV producer who heard my life story and express interest in turning it into a show, of course for that, I will leave it to the future. Only time will tell!

0 comments